Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
Sponsor: The Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University
Location: Lima, Peru
Students enroll directly in classes with local students at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP), one of the highest ranked universities in Latin America. In addition, the program offers two mandatory courses designed specifically for IFSA participants, a required service-learning component through community service and research with major NGOs in Lima, and an optional gender studies concentration. Classes are taught in Spanish.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Peruvian academic calendar: Fall Quarter begins in early August and ends in mid-December. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in early March and end in mid-July.
- Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Review important information and advice about conducting academic Research Abroad.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFSA-Butler application by the program's deadline
Language Requirements:2.5 years (completion of Spanish 199) or the equivalent of college-level Spanish required; completion of one 200-level class recommended.
Housing:Homestays (13 meals/week)
Fall 2015: $20,765
Billed by Northwestern: $17,135
- Tuition: $12,275
- Housing: $2,300
- SAAF: $2,560
Estimated additional costs: $3,630
- Additional meals: $600
- Airfare: $1,100
- Local transportation: $230
- Books & supplies: $100
- Personal expenses: $1,300
- Visa: $120
- HTH: $180
Financial Aid & Scholarships