Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
Sponsor: The Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University
Location: Lima, Peru
Students enroll directly in classes with local students at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP), one of the highest ranked universities in Latin America. In addition, the program offers two mandatory courses designed specifically for IFSA participants, a required service-learning component through community service and research with major NGOs in Lima, and an optional gender studies concentration. Classes are taught in Spanish.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
- Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Review important information and advice about conducting academic Research Abroad.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFSA-Butler application by the program's deadline
Language Requirements:2.5 years (completion of Spanish 199) or the equivalent of college-level Spanish required; completion of one 200-level class recommended.
Fall 2014: $20,880
Billed by Northwestern: $17,375
- Tuition: $12,325
- Homestay (inc. 13 meals/week): $2,550
- SAAF: $2,500
Estimated additional costs: $3,505
- Additional meals: $600
- Airfare: $1,100
- Local transportation: $230
- Books & supplies: $100
- Personal expenses: $1,300
- Visa: $30
- HTH: $145