Chilean Universities Program
Sponsor: The Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University
Location: Santiago, Chile
Students pursue individual academic interests by selecting classes from four Santiago universities: Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Universidad de Chile, Universidad Diego Portales, and Universidad Autónoma de Chile. In addition, students can conduct research and/or enroll in program courses designed for study abroad students. Classes are taught in Spanish.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Chilean academic calendar: Fall Quarter begins in mid-July and ends in early December. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in late February and end in early July.
- Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete a Northwestern Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFSA-Butler application by the program's deadline
Housing:Homestays (3 meals/day)
Fall 2016: $22,480
Billed by Northwestern: $18,270
- Tuition: $12,650
- Room & board: $3,000
- Study Abroad Fee: $2,620
Estimated additional costs: $4,210
- Airfare: $1,500
- Local transportation: $750
- Books & supplies: $100
- Personal expenses: $1,700
- Visa: $160
Financial Aid & Scholarships