Bolivia: Multiculturalism, Globalization & Social Change
Sponsor: School for International Training (SIT)
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia
Students plan and execute an independent study project and take field-based, experiential program courses. Studies focus on how cultural processes, identities and resources determine who controls and benefits from development in Bolivia. Classes are taught in Spanish.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Review important information and advice about conducting Research Abroad.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an SIT application by the program's deadline
Language Requirements:1.5 years or the equivalent of recent Spanish and the ability to follow coursework in Spanish, as assessed by SIT.
Housing:Urban and rural homestays, hostels, and hotels
Fall 2016: $24,470
Billed by Northwestern: $21,595
- Tuition: $15,645
- Room & board: $3,330
- SAAF: $2,620
Estimated additional costs: $2,875
- Airfare: $695
- Local travel: $100
- Books & supplies: $130
- Personal expenses: $1,400
- Visa: $400
- HTH: $150
Financial Aid & Scholarships