Argentine Universities Program
Sponsor: The Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Students pursue individual academic interests by selecting classes from four Buenos Aires Universities: Universidad de Buenos Aires, Universidad Católica Argentina, Universidad del Salvador, and Universidad Torcuato di Tella. In addition, students can concentrate on a certain discipline, conduct research and/or enroll in program courses designed for study abroad students.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
- Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Read about Research Abroad for specific requirements for the program’s independent study project.
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFSA-Butler application by the program's deadline
Language Requirements:2.5 years (completion of Spanish 199) or the equivalent of college-level Spanish required; completion of one 200-level class recommended.
Fall 2014: $26,630
Billed by Northwestern: $21,475
- Tuition: $15,260
- Homestay (inc. 13 meals/week): $3,715
- SAAF: $2,500
Estimated additional costs: $5,155
- Additional meals: $1,500
- Airfare: $1,800
- Local transportation: $300
- Books & supplies: $100
- Personal expenses: $1,160
- Visa: $150
- HTH: $145