Argentine Universities Program
Sponsor: The Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Students pursue individual academic interests by selecting classes from four Buenos Aires Universities: Universidad de Buenos Aires, Universidad Católica Argentina, Universidad del Salvador, and Universidad Torcuato di Tella. In addition, students can concentrate on a certain discipline, conduct research and/or enroll in program courses designed for study abroad students.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Argentine academic calendar: Fall Quarter begins in mid-July and ends in early December. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in late February and end in early July.
- Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Read about Research Abroad for specific requirements for the program’s independent study project.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFSA-Butler application by the program's deadline
Language Requirements:2.5 years (completion of Spanish 199) or the equivalent of college-level Spanish required; completion of one 200-level class recommended.
Housing:Homestays (13 meals/week)
Fall 2016: $24,655
Billed by Northwestern: $19,545
- Tuition: $13,125
- Housing: $3,800
- SAAF: $2,620
Estimated additional costs: $5,110
- Additional meals: $1,500
- Airfare: $1,700
- Local transportation: $300
- Books & supplies: $100
- Personal expenses: $1,160
- Visa: $150
- HTH: $200
Financial Aid & Scholarships