Argentine Universities Program
Sponsor: The Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Students pursue individual academic interests by selecting classes from four Buenos Aires Universities: Universidad de Buenos Aires, Universidad Católica Argentina, Universidad del Salvador, and Universidad Torcuato di Tella. In addition, students can concentrate on a certain discipline, conduct research and/or enroll in program courses designed for study abroad students.
Program Type: Affiliated
- Full Year
Term Notes: This program follows the Argentine academic calendar: Fall Quarter begins in mid-July and ends in early December. Winter/Spring Quarters begin in late February and end in early July.
- Spanish majors and minors must discuss their study abroad plans with a departmental adviser.
- Read about Research Abroad for specific requirements for the program’s independent study project.
- Read Credit Enrollment requirements for information about maintaining a full-time course load while abroad
To apply, Northwestern students must:
- Complete an NU Study Abroad Application by the appropriate deadline
- Complete an IFSA-Butler application by the program's deadline
2.5 years (completion of Spanish 199) or the equivalent of college-level Spanish required; completion of one 200-level class recommended.
**Students who have completed SPAN 121-3 or SPAN 125 are eligible for the Intensive Spanish Concentration. Students take one mandatory course designed for study abroad students and choose from electives offered at the Universidad Catholica Argentina, the Universidad del Salvador, and/or IFSA program courses. Classes are taught in Spanish.
Housing:Homestays (13 meals/week)
Fall 2016: $24,655
Billed by Northwestern: $19,545
- Tuition: $13,125
- Housing: $3,800
- Study Abroad Administrative Fee: $2,620
Estimated additional costs: $5,110
- Additional meals: $1,500
- Airfare: $1,700
- Local transportation: $300
- Books & supplies: $100
- Personal expenses: $1,160
- Visa: $150
- HTH: $200
Financial Aid & Scholarships