The Northwestern University Study Abroad Office enriches the undergraduate curriculum by providing all students with diverse educational opportunities, which influence the way students think about themselves, their communities, and the world.
We collaborate with colleagues across campus as well as partners in the US and abroad to:
- Advise students about study abroad options and help them identify programs that best meet their academic and professional goals;
- Offer international programs that facilitate learning inside and outside the classroom, immersion experiences, and rigorous academic environments;
- Support students before they leave, while they are abroad, and after they return;
- Continuously assess and enhance education abroad offerings at Northwestern.
The Study Abroad Office strives to be creative, proactive, and responsive, as well as to emulate and set best practices in the education abroad field as exemplified in the Standards of Good Practice and the Code of Ethics set by the Forum on Education Abroad.
Our Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Alliances for Expanded Study in Overseas Programs (AESOP), Member
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), Member
- Bologna Consortial Studies Program (BCSP), Associate Member
- Chicago-Area Study Abroad Professionals (CASAP), Member
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC), Member
- Consortium for Advanced Studies Abroad (CASA), Member
- Consortium for Advanced Studies in Barcelona (CASB), Member
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), Member
- CIEE Academic Consortium Board (ACB), Member
- Forum on Education Abroad, Member
- IES Abroad, Member
- IFSA-Butler, National Advisors Council Executive Committee, Member
- Ivy Plus Education Abroad Program Administrators Group, Member
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators, Member
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA), Member
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC), Member