Green Building and LEED
Northwestern University will use the United States Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system as a standard for the design and construction of new buildings.All new buildings will be LEED-certified at a minimum; each project will be assessed on an individual basis for further certification at the Silver or Gold levels. Major renovations of existing spaces will also meet the LEED certification guidelines.
Completed LEED projects include:
- The Wieboldt School of Continuing Studies – Gold LEED Certification
- Ford Motor Company Engineering Design – Silver LEED Certification
- The Richard and Barbara Silverman Hall for Molecular Therapeutics & Diagnostics – Gold LEED Certification
Visit the Silverman Green Screen website to learn more about the building and its sustainability features.
- Searle Hall – Gold LEED Certification
- Harris Hall – Gold LEED Certification
- Rogers House – Silver LEED Certifications
- Bienen School of Music – In progress
- Visitors Center – In progress