Billing and Payment Procedures
Facilities Management’s services are billed weekly, using the Job Cost functionality in the FAMIS system.
Understanding the FAMIS billing process:
- The FAMIS system creates journal entries to charge the appropriate accounts and requisitions.
- Each work order is given an eight-digit tracking number beginning with “WO;” if you have questions about charges on your statement, you will need to reference the work order number.
The Cognos reporting tool can generate a variety of reports via the NU Portal, which address Facilities Management charges:
- FM008 - Job Cost - FAMIS Billing Summary
This summary report identifies three basic categories of charges:
- Facilities Management labor
- Facilities Management material
- Contractor- or vendor-provided services and supplies
You can filter the report by chartstring piece to determine charges.
- FM009 - Job Cost Labor Detail
- FM010 - Job Cost Materials Detail Report
- FM011 - Job Cost Work Order Detail Report
- FM012 - Facilities Invoice Detail
- FM026 - Job Cost - FAMIS Billing Summary (Extended)
Paying for Services
Facilities Management will charge directly to NU Financials chartstrings.