Rogers House

Project Status

Construction Start: February 2010
Completion: August 2010

Project Description & Statistics

Rogers House was named for Emma Winner Rogers, the wife of Henry Wade Rogers, Northwestern's president from 1890 to 1900. The building was designed by well-known architect James Gamble Rogers to provide housing for non-sorority women within the women's quadrangle. It opened in the fall of 1928.

The building has never undergone a comprehensive building-wide renovation. Prior to the current project, improvements have been made on an as-needed basis and included bathroom remodeling, fire alarm work, exterior masonry restoration, and limited interior restoration.

The current project includes new mechanical and life safety systems, a new heating and ventilation system, and new electrical, plumbing, and fire alarm systems.

Rogers House will be the first green residence hall on campus, with a goal of receiving silver-level certification from the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System®.

The building will be ADA accessible, with a new ramp from the courtyard at the north entry to the building.

Project Team

Project Management

Ron Nayler, Associate Vice President for Facilities Management
Bonnie Humphrey, Director of Facilities Management Design and Construction
Elena Romero Jensen, Project Manager

Architect, Engineers & Consultants

Weese Langley Weese Architects, Ltd.

General Contractor

W.B. Olson, Inc.

Contact Information

All questions or complaints should be directed to:

Elena Romero Jensen, Project Manager
Northwestern University
Facilities Management Design & Construction
2020 Ridge Avenue
Evanston, IL 60208
Phone: 847-467-1056
Fax: 847-491-3869