welcome to the CLIMB program website!
What is CLIMB?
The CLIMB Program is a professional development program that guides a diverse group of bioscience PhD students to develop advanced skills for collaborating, communicating and conducting research across disciplines, and to accelerate their scientific careers. This is accomplished through a two-year sequence of program activities that supplement their training in their primary PhD programs.
- Connecting and collaborating with fellow bioscience graduate students outside of your own PhD program
- Workshops on critically important professional skills for the young scientist
- Mentoring from program leaders, faculty and advanced graduate students
- Study groups for core courses with trained facilitators
Students who have been accepted into one of Northwestern's five life science programs are encouraged to apply to our professional development program. Learn how to apply.
Northwestern's life science PhD programs:
- Biomedical Engineering (BME)
- Chemical and Biological Engineering (ChBE)
- Interdepartmental Biological Sciences (IBiS)
- Integrated Graduate Program in the Life Sciences (IGP)
- Northwestern University Interdepartmental Neuroscience (NUIN)
Take advantage of resources from our workshops: