Instructions for AMCAS Letters of Recommendation
For the majority of MD programs, all letters of recommendation (individual and packets) will be sent to AMCAS and then AMCAS will send them to the individual medical schools.
For NU students, this policy does not change how you set up your Letters of Recommendation File. In addition to setting up your file, you simply need to set up a "placeholder" in AMCAS section 6 by following the instructions below. This AMCAS policy does NOT mean that letters have to be submitted before submitting your AMCAS application (i.e. it's okay to submit your AMCAS application and then send your letter packet at a later date).
To enter our recommendation packet information:
1. AMCAS Section 6 - Letters of Evaluation: choose "Letter Packet" option
2. Letter Title: NU Recommendation Letter Packet
3. Primary Contact/Author: Susan Gregg Fox (first/middle/last) no prefix/suffix
4. Primary Contact/Author E-mail: email@example.com
5. Primary Contact /Author Phone: (847) 467-4281
6. Institution Address:
University Academic Advising Center
1940 Sheridan Road
Evanston, Illinois 60208
7. Optional: Enter the authors of the actual letters of recommendation in packet as "Other Authors"
8. Record the seven-digit letter ID number generated by AMCAS for your NU Recommendation Letter Packet
When you are ready to submit your NU Recommendation Letter Packet:
- Complete the Release of Recommendation Packet to Schools online form.
IMPORTANT: Only complete this form when all your letters have been received.
- The Recommendation File Services Coordinator will submit your recommendation packet electronically via Virtual Evals to AMCAS within 7 business days.
For more information on the Letters of Recommendation section, please see the AMCAS FAQs