Campus & Community Involvement
Why is campus and/or community involvement important?
Medical schools are interested in applicants who have demonstrated that they can maintain a good work/life balance. When it comes to extracurriculars, remember, quality over quantity!
Campus / community involvement:
- Gives students a way to show medical schools that they're service-minded and can interact effectively with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrates qualities medical schools value in their accepted applicants (e.g. musicians and student-athletes can show discipline and teamwork through their respective activities).
- Allows students to step outside their comfort zones
- Helps students build a social network of friends interested in similar activities
- Gives students a way to release stress from academics
Campus and community involvement opportunities
Our Campus/Community Involvement and NU Clubs & Organizations sections have links and information about different ways to become involved here at NU and beyond. Choose activities you feel passionate about, as medical schools are interested in understanding your motivation for pursuing your unique interests.