Jump to the type of opportunity you seek:
- UR@NU: A new one-stop shop for information on research opportunities for Northwestern Undergraduates. Learn how to get involved in research, where to find opportunities, resources and tips on how to apply for research positions and grants.
- Research Grants and Opportunities: University, School-specific, Department/Programs and External sources for research funding and opportuniites.
- Circumnavigators Club Foundation Around-the-World Travel-Study Grant Program: This grant consists of a fellowship worth up to $9000 for an around-the-world travel research project over the three-month period between the junior and senior year.
Always check to see when summer programs begin; some may begin before the NU spring quarter ends. Some programs may be flexible with start date/times.
- AAMC - Summer Undergraduate Research Programs: AAMC's list of undergraduate student research opportunities hosted by universities and medical institutions throughout the United States.
- Gateways to the Laboratory Summer Program: Allows freshman and sophomore underrepresented minority and/or disadvantaged students to experience life as a MD-PhD student; sponsored by the Weill Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan-Kettering Tri-Institutional MD-PhD Program in New York City.
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) Summer Cancer Research Fellowships: Provides an opportunity for eligible sophomore or junior college students to engage in innovative integrative biology approaches to cancer research through the NCI's Integrative Cancer Biology Program (ICBP).
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research: Provides an opportunity to spend the summer working side-by-side with scientists in an environment devoted exclusively to biomedical research.
- Reproductive Research Center at Cleveland Clinic Summer Internship: Summer internship opportunity for highly motivated, academically oriented medical or undergrad students interested in a career in medicine.
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Summer Undergraduate Research Focus (SURF): 10 week summer program at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi summer program which provides college students who have demonstrated an interest in science with the opportunity to experience research.
- University of Chicago Summer Programs: Pritzker School of Medicine Experience in Research (PSOMER): An 8-week summer research, education, and mentoring experience with University of Chicago faculty.
- Vanderbilt Summer Science Academy: Offers several summer programs for undergraduates pre-medical students interested in an 8-10 week research experience.
- Undergraduate Research Grants (URG) helps NU students fund their research projects, write research proposals and learn how to get involved in research
- Northwestern Undergraduate Research Journal (NURJ): Northwestern research journal is dedicated to the publication of original undergraduate research in all disciplines, including the sciences and social sciences.
- Northwestern Undergraduate Research Symposium recognizes outstanding undergraduate research and brings student projects to the attention of the Northwestern community. The event is open to all Northwestern University undergraduates in any field and in any class year.
- Chicago Area Undergraduate Research Symposium (CAURS): An annual event held each spring that allows undergraduates from 6 leading Chicago area universities - University of Chicago, Loyola University, Northwestern University, DePaul University, Illinois Institute of Technology, and the University of Illinois at Chicago - to present their research results in a professional setting.