Before checking out the variety of opportunities listed here, be sure to read our overview on Research Experience to get a better understanding of the importance of these experiences, as well as tips and suggestions!
Jump to the type of opportunity you seek:
- UR@NU: A one-stop shop for information on research opportunities for Northwestern Undergraduates. Learn how to get involved in research, where to find opportunities, resources and tips on how to apply for research positions and grants.
- Research Grants and Opportunities: University, school-specific, department/programs and external sources for research funding and opportuniites.
- Circumnavigators Club Foundation Around-the-World Travel-Study Grant Program: This grant consists of a fellowship worth up to $9000 for an around-the-world travel research project over the three-month period between the junior and senior year.
- Undergraduate Research Grants (URG): Helps NU students fund their research projects, write research proposals and learn how to get involved in research
- Northwestern Undergraduate Research Journal (NURJ): Northwestern research journal is dedicated to the publication of original undergraduate research in all disciplines, including the sciences and social sciences.
- Northwestern Undergraduate Research & Arts Exposition: An annual celebration of original research and creative work by Northwestern undergraduates. Open to all NU undergraduates, the Expo showcases student projects from fields and disicplines across the university.
- Chicago Area Undergraduate Research Symposium (CAURS): An annual event held each spring that allows undergraduates from 6 leading Chicago area universities - University of Chicago, Loyola University, Northwestern University, DePaul University, Illinois Institute of Technology, and the University of Illinois at Chicago - to present their research results in a professional setting.
For information about summer programs, please visit the Summer Programs section of our website!