Jump to a topic:
Adhere to the deadline dates for the interschool transfer process as stated in the academic calendar and the quarterly course schedule.
- Thursday, September 27th: First day to initiate transfer from one school of Northwestern to another for Winter Quarter
- Wednesday, October 24th: Last day to submit completed Interschool Transfer applications to proposed school
- Monday, January 7th: First day to initiate transfer from one school of Northwestern to another for Spring Quarter
- Wednesday, February 6th: Last day to submit completed Interschool Transfer applications to proposed school
- Tuesday, April 2nd: First day to initiate transfer from one school of Northwestern to another for Summer Session and/or Fall Quarter
- Wednesday, May 1st: Last day to submit completed Interschool Transfer applications to proposed school
If you are thinking about transferring to another Northwestern school, follow these steps:
- Download the Application for Undergraduate Interschool Transfer.
- Complete and print the application, along with a copy of your unofficial transcript from CAESAR.
- Obtain the signature of the Dean or appointed designee of the school in which you are currently enrolled.
- Arrange an interview with the Dean or appointed designee of your proposed school.
Be sure to bring your application and transcript to this meeting. At the end of this meeting, you will leave your application and transcript with the Dean or appointed designee.
- Once your information has been processed, you will receive a letter from the Office of the Registrar approving or denying your request to transfer.
- Approved interschool transfers during any quarter will take effect at the beginning of the following quarer, provided all documents are submitted on time.
School Contact Information
Contact information for the interschool transfer process is listed below:
Address: Rebecca Crown Center, 633 Clark Street
Phone: (847) 491-5234
Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences (WCAS)
Tessie Cachola, Program Assistant
Phone: (847) 491-7560
School of Communication
Student Resource Center
Phone: (847) 491-7214
McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (MEAS)
Joe Holtgreive, Assistant Dean
Phone: (847) 491-3332
School of Education and Social Policy (SESP)
Daphne Nwankpa, Program Assistant
Phone: (847) 491-4482
Medill School of Journalism, Media, and Integrated Marketing Communications
Jenna Braunstein, Program Assistant
Phone: (847) 467-2095
Bienen School of Music
Ryan O’Mealey, Director of Admission
Phone: (847) 491-3141