Student Advisory Committee
Mission & Goals:
The University Academic Advising Center (UAAC) is pleased toannounce the creation of a Student Advisory Committee. The mission of the Student Advisory Committee is to provide a student voice in assisting the UAAC consider strategies for improving the quality of academic advising and support servicesto the Northwestern community, as well as to promote awareness of these services on campus. The goals of the UAAC Student Advisory Committee include:
- Providing feedback on existing UAAC services
- Suggesting changes and additions to UAAC programming
- Assisting with outreach and marketing of UAAC services on campus
- Generating new ideas and projects for the UAAC
The UAAC Student Advisory Committee will be comprised of two sub-committees, each with a unique scope. One will focus on general academicadvising, support, and success. The other will concentrate on health professions advising. Each sub-committee will meet independently, but will also collaborate with one another throughout the academic year. Each sub-committee will consist of six to ten undergraduate students with diverse backgrounds and interests. Representatives will be selected by the UAAC administration through an application process. The division of responsibilities is to be determined by the members themselves, with direction and guidance from UAAC administration.
In addition to the overall goals of the UAAC Student Advisory Committee, representatives of each sub-committee will be responsible for meeting the following expectations:
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings (1-3 perquarter)
- Maintain dialogue with other sub-committee members outside of meetings (e.g. via email listservor online discussion board)
- Attend and provide feedback on existing UAAC events (at least 1 per quarter)
- Contribute to the development and execution of new UAAC events and services
Committee members will be afforded the opportunity to affect important changes on campus while furthering their own professional development. The UAAC staff members coordinating the committee will work closely with the committee members and look forward to developing strong professional relationships. Meals and/or snacks will also be available to student representatives during regular meeting times.