Forms & Resources
Access the documents you need. Northwestern programs that work with minors can use the links below to download forms and more:
- Northwestern Facility-use and Services Agreement: Third parties that operate non-Northwestern programs on University property must present the Sponsoring Unit an executed Facility-use and Services Agreement prior to the Covered Program start date.
- Independent Contractor Requirements: Third party programs looking to host events on Northwestern property must provide proof of insurance that satisfies the set of requirements outlined in this document.
- In the event of an injury of a participant, Program Staff must establish a process for reporting and documenting any injury. Program Staff should obtain the following forms for each participant prior to program commencement:
- Youth Program Media, Photo, and Video Release Form This form should be included in University program agreements when we require permission to photograph a child for Northwestern media postings and/or releases.
- Informed Consent, Voluntary Waiver, Release of Liability, and Assumption of Risks Form(s): University program agreement should include waivers holding Northwestern and its affiliates harmless.
- Safety and Notification Procedures: This material is an example of the type of emergency communication procedures that should be provided to parents/guardians with registration materials or on the first day of the Program.
- Staffing Ratios: This document outlines the supervision ratio recommendations set by the American Camp Association.
- Reporting Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect: This policy sets forth the obligations of all University community members who may reasonable believe that a child may be abused or neglected.
- Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporters Status form: All University employees must complete this form upon hiring; completed forms are retained by the Office of Human Resources.
- Roster Submission Form for Program Staff: This template should be used by Program Directors when registering their program with the University Compliance Office.
- Minors in Laboratories Guidelines: This set of guidelines specify the health and safety requirements for minors while in University laboratories. This document applies to all minors entering Northwestern laboratories and the faculty, staff, volunteers, and programs sponsoring these activities.
- Quick Reference Guide – Mandated Reporters: This form provides helpful responses to frequently asked questions, including who classifies as a Mandated Reporter and associated reporting obligations.
- Reporting Responsibilities - This document summarizes reporting responsibilities for child abuse and neglect, Clery crimes, and sexual misconduct. Members of the University community are encouraged to pick up physical copies of the card at the Office of Civil Rights and Title IX Compliance