Body Acceptance Week 2022- Wednesday
Eating Disorders and Social Media
Talking Circle with The Renfrew Center for Eating Disorders--Chicago
Wednesday, February 23rd, 6 PM CST, Norris University Center, Evans Room
Talking Circles are “groups in which anyone may speak in turn, everyone must listen, and consensus is more important than time.” Gina Kirberg, MEd and Olivia Taylor, MSW, Primary Therapists from The Renfrew Center Chicago, will facilitate this ‘learning while listening’ opportunity for students to come together for an open discussion about body image, eating disorders, and self-worth in the age of COVID-19 and social media.
Limited to 24 participants. Pre-registration is required. Register here.
- CAPS Mental Health Screenings
- NEDA Eating Disorders Screening Tool
- Eating Disorders: Statistics and Research
- The Interconnectedness of Sexuality, Trauma, and Eating Disorders in the Latinx Community
- This Is What It’s Like For Men With Eating Disorders
- How the White Body-Positive and Self-Love Movement Hinges on Anti-Blackness and How We Can Stop It
- A Cultural Epidemic: Body Dissatisfaction in Asian American Women