Body Acceptance Week 2022- Thursday
A Conversation with Jessamyn Stanley
Thursday, February 24th, 6 PM CST, Zoom
Pre-registration is required. Register here.
Jessamyn Stanley is an award-winning yoga instructor, founder of The Underbelly, and author of 'Every Body Yoga.' She empowers her audience of 500k+ to break down barriers: both those that society has set and that they have set for themselves. Jessamyn's work in the wellness space centers around being in community and creating space for students to restore and honor their authentic selves. Regarded as a leading voice on intersectional identity and 21st-century yoga, Jessamyn has won many awards for her social influence and unique approach to yoga. With an articulate message of representation and visibility, Jessamyn also speaks across the country, advocating for body acceptance, female empowerment, as well as Black and LGBTQ inclusion.
There will be time for an audience Q & A after the moderated conversation. Pre-registration is required. Open to Northwestern students, staff, and faculty.
- As Coronavirus Rages, We Need to Talk About Medical Anti-Fat Bias
- 11 Reasons Your Phony ‘Concern’ for Fat People’s Health Has Got to Stop
- How Fatphobia Prevented Me from Getting Help for My Eating Disorder
- It’s Time to Retire ‘You’re Not Fat, You’re Beautiful!’
- Meat on Dem Bones: Confronting Fat Antagonism and Diet Culture in Black Beauty Politics
- The Impact of Weight Stigma on Our Mental Health
- Why I’m Trading Body Positivity for Fat Acceptance
- Why You Should Trade Body Positivity For Fat Acceptance
- Virgie Tovar: Rebel Eaters Club
- Dr. Joy Cox: Fresh Out the Cocoon Podcast
- NPR Shortwave: Fat Phobia and Its Racist Past and Present
- She’s All Fat
- The Takeaway: Selective Pride? Battling LGBT Stigma Around Body Image