Body Acceptance Week 2021- Thursday
Thursday 2/25 at 6:00 PM
- College Feminists Presents: Virgie Tovar, one of the nation's leading experts and lecturers on weight-based discrimination and body image. Virgie Tovar will be talking about body acceptance, unlearning fatphobia, dismantling sexist notions of fashion, and how to reject diet culture! We'll have space for Q+A at the end of her talk as well.
- Register Here.
- Watch Virgie's TedX Talk: Lose Hate, Not Weight.
- As Coronavirus Rages, We Need to Talk About Medical Anti-Fat Bias
- 11 Reasons Your Phony ‘Concern’ for Fat People’s Health Has Got to Stop
- How Fatphobia Prevented Me from Getting Help for My Eating Disorder
- How Postpartum Bodies Are Affected By Fatphobia
- It’s Time to Retire ‘You’re Not Fat, You’re Beautiful!’
- Meat on Dem Bones: Confronting Fat Antagonism and Diet Culture in Black Beauty Politics
- The Impact of Weight Stigma on Our Mental Health
- Why I’m Trading Body Positivity for Fat Acceptance
- Why You Should Trade Body Positivity For Fat Acceptance
- Virgie Tovar: Rebel Eaters Club
- Dr. Joy Cox: Fresh Out the Cocoon Podcast
- NPR Shortwave: Fat Phobia and Its Racist Past and Present
- She’s All Fat
- The Takeaway: Selective Pride? Battling LGBT Stigma Around Body Image