Web Communications (Web Comm) is part of Global Marketing and Communications. We:
- Manage and develop the top-level pages of the Northwestern website;
- Approve departmental requests for space on the University's main server;
- Consult and/or assist with design and development of web pages for Northwestern schools and administrative offices;
- Perform research and analysis through site reviews, usability testing, online surveys, web traffic analysis, card sorting exercises, and link tracking;
- Provide training in site maintenance, WCMS, PlanIt Purple;
- Maintain and disseminate University web standards;
- Explore new and changing web-related technologies; and
- Lead and oversee the activities of the University's Web Steering Committee.
Web Communications also provides administration and development for:
- University Web Content Management System (WCMS)
- University search engine
- PlanIt Purple online calendar
- Department/Office Directory
- Interactive maps
- Mobile applications
Work With Us
We are available to assist University units with design of websites.
Offices that undertake their own projects or use outside services should communicate the University’s web style guide to all individuals involved in website design and maintenance.