Version 2.2.1 - Launched March 16, 2015
We released Campus Maps version 2.2.1 with some new features, bug fixes and performance improvements. The new features included in this version are as follows:
- Added a custom link to all shuttle description pop-ups that goes directly to the shuttle’s page on the University Services site. This custom link will be especially helpful to those who want to quickly get to the shuttle schedule.
- On mobile, facility information bar at the top will not show when there is an active shuttle route.
- Added a new student game day shuttle route. This shuttle runs only for select football and basketball games. For more details, go to University Services page.
As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions about these enhancements or any other feedback about Campus Maps.
We released a new version with some new features, usability enhancements and some changes specific to shuttles based on your feedback.
- Chicago Campus Maps facility changes:
- Added new facility types to Chicago Campus based on the kiosk map. The new facility types are visible when looking at the Chicago campus only. In addition to Chicago campus buildings, parking lots and construction sites, users will be able to view Northwestern Memorial Hospital facilities, Lurie Children's Hospital facilities and Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago facilities.
- Removed layers that aren't represented on the Chicago campus.
- Enabled cookies to store browser address bar history - this will allow use of browser back and forward button navigation and prevent the entrance screen from from showing up every time a user returns to the page.
Changes to Shuttles
- Added two Frostbite shuttles that operate during extreme weather:
- Campus Loop Frostbite - connects the north and south Evanston campus to downtown Evanston.
- Evanston Frostbite - travels around campus and to the Davis St. CTA & Metra Stations.
- Dedicated shuttle route URLs - you can bookmark your preferred shuttle routes in the browser.
- To eliminate extraneous details when viewing shuttles, parking locations will be now hidden, on both desktop and mobile.
- Based on the feedback from our users, we made some enhancements in the maps screen to make it more visually appealing:
- If you use location search, shuttles, facility info, only one dialog box will be opened at a time.
- On Mobile, top facility info bar doesn't show if there is an active shuttle route.
- Changes to A-Z navigation:
- Alphabet navigation letters are now stationary and do not scroll.
- Current selection will be highlighted in A-Z listings.
- For Layers and Shuttle selection - Label and legends are clickable now.