The Evening Loop Shuttle operates in the evening between Northwestern's Chicago campus and various Metra stations in the downtown area.
Changes Effective October 1
In an effort to make our shuttle service as convenient and efficient as possible, there are changes to the Chicago Evening Loop that will take effect on Monday, October 1. Going forward the shuttle will go directly to the train station of riders on the bus. When you board you will now need to notify the driver of the train station to which you are traveling. If no riders are going to a specific station the shuttle will not travel to that station. The pick-up schedule from campus remains unchanged. This change will help the shuttle remain on-time and reduce your travel time to your station.
- Abbott Hall – northeast corner of McClurg Court and Huron Street
- Time-Life Building – southwest corner of Fairbanks Court and Ohio Street
- Millennium Station – northwest corner of Randolph Street and Michigan Avenue
- Ogilvie Station – west side of Clinton Street between Randolph Street and Washington Boulevard
- Union Station – near the Clinton CTA stop between Adams Street and Jackson Boulevard
- LaSalle Street Station – southeast corner of Financial Place and Congress Parkway
Only Northwestern faculty, staff, and students are eligible to ride this shuttle. Tickets are not sold to the general public.
- 10-rides ticket packet: $20.00
- Monthly pass: $49.50
Employees can only purchase tickets at their respective employer's sales location. You may purchase tickets at:
- Northwestern University: Transportation & Parking Services, Abbott Hall - Room 100
- Employees may purchase passes pre-tax through the Commuter Pre-Tax Transit program with PayFlex. Follow the "Enrollment - Purchasing Transit Passes" instructions on the Human Resources website.
- NMFF/NM: Feinberg cashier, second floor (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.); Fresh Market at Fairbanks, Prentice, second floor (cash only)
- NM Central DuPage: Concierge Office, second floor
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab: Garage Parking Office, fifth Floor
- Lurie Children's: Monthly tickets are through Wage-Works only. 10-Ride packs can be purchased through Wage-Works or from Food Service cashiers at the 11th Floor cafeteria.
This shuttle operates year-round, Monday through Friday. It does not run on Northwestern Memorial holidays:
- Labor Day: Monday, September 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, November 22, 2018
- Christmas Day: Tuesday, December 25, 2018
- New Year's Day: Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 27, 2019
- Independence Day: Thursday, July 4, 2019
View Chicago Evening Loop in a larger map.