Service Updates and Announcements
Please note the following changes to University shuttle service on Monday, January 21, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Intercampus: Shuttle service will not operate on Monday, January 21. Regular service resumes on Tuesday, January 22.
- Evanston Loop, Campus Loop, Chicago Campus Train Shuttles, and CTA #201: Regular service continues on Monday, January 21.
To enhance campus safety, the Evanston Loop and Campus Loop shuttles currently begin at 5:00 p.m. The added service will depart the Library/Norris stop at the following times:
- Campus Loop: 5:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. It will then resume the regular schedule at 6:00 p.m.
- Evanston Loop Sunday-Wednesday: 5:10 p.m. It will then resume the regular schedule at 6:00 p.m.
- Evanston Loop Thursday-Saturday: 5:00 p.m., 5:20 p.m., 5:40 p.m., 6:00 p.m., 6:20 p.m., 6:40 p.m. It will then resume the regular schedule at 7:00 p.m.
- Be aware of the location of blue light emergency telephones. They are a direct line to assistance.
- Use Safe Ride and Safe Walk.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. If you are wearing headphones, don’t turn up the volume so high that you cannot hear outside noises.
- Download the NUHelp App for available resources.
In an effort to make our shuttle service as convenient and efficient as possible, there are changes to the Chicago Evening Loop that will take effect on Monday, October 1. Going forward the shuttle will go directly to the train station of riders on the bus. When you board you will now need to notify the driver of the train station to which you are traveling. If no riders are going to a specific station the shuttle will not travel to that station. The pick-up schedule from campus remains unchanged. This change will help the shuttle remain on-time and reduce your travel time to your station.
Since our initial communication introducing the TransLoc Rider app and announcing the transition from DoubleMap to TransLoc for tracking University shuttles, many community members have adopted the new tracking system. Accordingly, the DoubleMap website is no longer available as of August 31, 2018. Based on your feedback, digital screens on campus will now display the projected shuttle arrival times for nearby stops.
Original message: In the spirit of continuous service improvement, we are pleased to announce that you can now track University shuttles with the TransLoc Rider app. This integration means our community has access to one app that allows for tracking shuttles and requesting a Safe Ride. For additional details, please see our TransLoc Shuttle Tracker page that includes instructions on how to view TransLoc.
The deadline for fall quarter student parking permit returns is Friday, 01/11/19.
Ryan Field "D" permits will remain on sale through winter quarter.
The Reservoir lot (# 104) will close for the winter season beginning Monday, 12/3.
Parking controls (gates, card readers and pay stations) in the North and South Parking Garages are now operating. Current permit holders will gain access to the garages by swiping their Wildcard at the entrance gates. Daily parking for those without current permits is available for an $8.00 fee. Daily parking may be paid for at pay stations located in each elevator lobby. Further detailed information is available on this web site under the Policies & Information tab above.
Storage of vehicles in main campus lots and garages for periods of time exceeding 48 consecutive hours is prohibited.
Construction contractors are prohibited from parking in all main campus lots and garages. Contractor Lot permits will be valid only in the Ryan Field West and East parking lots (# 101/ 102). A free contractor shuttle is provided.
Resident Student permits ("R", "R9") will continue to have access to the North Garage.
There are currently no notices for Chicago Parking.