Service Updates and Announcements
Please note the following updates to University shuttle service due to Spring Break and the beginning of Spring Quarter.
- Intercampus: Regular service continues during Spring Break. Please also note the additional shuttle runs in place for Winter Quarter conclude on March 22.
- Evanston Loop: Shuttle service will operate on the Sunday - Wednesday schedule from March 23 through March 30. Regular service resumes on March 31.
- Campus Loop: Shuttle service is not in operation from March 23 through March 30. Regular service resumes on March 31.
- Chicago Train Shuttles: Regular service continues during Spring Break.
- Chicago Express: Shuttle service is not in operation on March 23 or March 30. Regular service resumes on April 6.
- Shop-N-Ride: Shuttle service is not in operation on March 24. Regular service resumes on March 31.
- CTA #201: Regular service continues during Spring Break.
With daylight saving time beginning March 10 and longer evening daylight hours upon us, we want to make you aware of the following schedule updates to University shuttle service.
- Campus Loop: From March 10 through June 14, 2019 (the end of the academic year), shuttle service on this route will operate between 9 p.m. and 3:25 a.m.
- Evanston Loop - Thursday through Saturday Service: From March 14 through June 14, 2019 (the end of the academic year), the 7 p.m., 7:40 p.m., and 8:20 p.m. shuttle runs that originate from the Library/Norris Center stop during the winter months will not operate. The other 23 scheduled shuttle runs for this route will remain the same.
In an effort to make our shuttle service as convenient and efficient as possible, there are changes to the Chicago Evening Loop that will take effect on Monday, October 1. Going forward the shuttle will go directly to the train station of riders on the bus. When you board you will now need to notify the driver of the train station to which you are traveling. If no riders are going to a specific station the shuttle will not travel to that station. The pick-up schedule from campus remains unchanged. This change will help the shuttle remain on-time and reduce your travel time to your station.
Since our initial communication introducing the TransLoc Rider app and announcing the transition from DoubleMap to TransLoc for tracking University shuttles, many community members have adopted the new tracking system. Accordingly, the DoubleMap website is no longer available as of August 31, 2018. Based on your feedback, digital screens on campus will now display the projected shuttle arrival times for nearby stops.
Original message: In the spirit of continuous service improvement, we are pleased to announce that you can now track University shuttles with the TransLoc Rider app. This integration means our community has access to one app that allows for tracking shuttles and requesting a Safe Ride. For additional details, please see our TransLoc Shuttle Tracker page that includes instructions on how to view TransLoc.
The City of Evanston Lincoln Street water reservoir construction project will begin in early March. Construction activity/traffic on Lincoln Street and North Campus Drive will begin on Friday March 8. Member of the campus community are urged to use caution and allow extra time when driving or walking near the work site. The project is expected to be completed in the summer of 2021.
Ryan Field "D" permits will remain on sale through winter quarter.
The Reservoir lot (# 104) is permanently closed.
Parking controls (gates, card readers and pay stations) in the North and South Parking Garages are now operating. Current permit holders will gain access to the garages by swiping their Wildcard at the entrance gates. Daily parking for those without current permits is available for an $8.00 fee. Daily parking may be paid for at pay stations located in each elevator lobby. Further detailed information is available on this web site under the Policies & Information tab above.
Storage of vehicles in main campus lots and garages for periods of time exceeding 48 consecutive hours is prohibited.
Construction contractors are prohibited from parking in all main campus lots and garages. Contractor Lot permits will be valid only in the Ryan Field West and East parking lots (# 101/ 102). A free contractor shuttle is provided.
Resident Student permits ("R", "R9") will continue to have access to the North Garage.
There are currently no notices for Chicago Parking.