Service Updates and Announcements
Updated April 1, 6:00 a.m.
Per the University's and the state-wide shelter-in-place directives both the Evanston and Chicago Parking Offices are currently closed. Staff are working remotely during normal business hours Monday through Friday and are responding to phone messages and emails. For any questions email is best:
- Evanston Parking: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chicago Parking: email@example.com
- Shuttle Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intercampus: Beginning Thursday, April 2, this route will operate on a reduced schedule. Shuttles will depart from the Ryan Field and Ward stops on the hour. At each of these stops, the first departure will be at 7:00 a.m. and the last departure will be at 6:00 p.m. Please visit the following links for the modified schedules: Temporary Intercampus Shuttle Evanston to Chicago and Temporary Intercampus Shuttle Chicago to Evanston. Additional service updates will be provided as information becomes available.
- Campus Loop: No services at this time. Service updates will be provided as information becomes available.
- Evanston Loop: No services at this time. Service updates will be provided as information becomes available.
- Chicago Express: No services at this time. Service updates will be provided as information becomes available.
- Shop-N-Ride: No services at this time. Service updates will be provided as information becomes available.
- Chicago Train Shuttles: There are no changes and regular service continues at this time. Due to the closure of the Chicago Parking Office, the shuttle vendor will honor March monthly passes until the office reopens. Please retain your existing monthly or single ride ticket and display it for the driver along with your employer’s ID.
- CTA #201: There are no changes and regular service continues at this time. Please see CTA’s System Status & Alerts page for any updates regarding CTA service.
- Commuter Benefits: Information from Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates FAQ page.
If you are working remotely and do not need your April transit pass, contact Payflex customer service at 1-844-PAYFLEX for information on how to apply for a refund.
If you need to change an existing or future order, you must log into www.payflex.com before the monthly cutoff date (5th of each month) and shut off your deduction. If you do not place or update your order before the cutoff date you will receive your transit benefit for one more month. No refunds or adjustments can be provided. More information on the Commuter Benefit can be found on the Human Resources website: https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/transit-relocation/commuter-benefits/index.html.
- Contact information: email@example.com or leave a message at 312-503-8129 which will be monitored and calls returned.
Evanston Parking Information
The Evanston Parking Office is currently closed with staff working remotely. Parking permit requirements and garage fees have been waived. All campus lots and the North and South Campus parking garages are open for parking. For questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-491-3319 which will be monitored and calls returned.
Chicago Parking InformationThe Chicago campus Parking Office is currently closed with staff working remotely.
- Discount parking coupons ($11.00 per day - pink coupons)
- Available at Huron and Erie parking garages in the Customer Service offices from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
- Customer Service office locations:
- Huron garage Customer Service office is located on the second level outside of the northwest elevator lobby. To access the office from the ground floor, press Level 1 in the elevator.
- Erie garage Customer Service office is located near the first floor vehicle exit on Ontario Street just east of the southeast elevator lobby.
- Northwestern faculty and staff with Wildcards and contractors with a University issued Contractor Identification Card must display their card to obtain up to 10 discount coupons.
- University department requests for discounted and free parking coupons (Green, Blue and White Coupons)
- Send the request via the Discounted Parking Request Form.
- Once an order is processed, coupons are available for pick up at the Erie garage Customer Service office (office hours and directions above). Individuals picking up coupons must provide the original requestor’s full name and sign for the coupons. Please note we are unable to send coupons in campus or US mail.
- Monthly contractor parking: To renew monthly contractor parking, please send us an email at email@example.com with your full name, ID number, and phone number. We will respond to your request as soon as possible.
- Bike Room access: We are currently unable to process new requests for Bike Room access. Please call our office at 312-503-1103 if you currently have access to the Bike Room and your access is expiring.
- Chicago campus gym memberships: All inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact information: email@example.com or leave a message at 312-503-1104 which will be monitored and calls returned.
Please be aware of the following shuttle service updates due to daylight saving time beginning March 8.
- Campus Loop: From March 8 through June 12, 2020 (the end of the academic year), shuttle service on this route now operates between 9 p.m. and 1:50 a.m.
- Evanston Loop - Thursday through Saturday service: From March 8 through June 12, 2020 (the end of the academic year), the 7 p.m., 7:40 p.m., and 8:20 p.m. shuttle runs that originate from the Library/Norris Center stop during the winter months do not operate. The other 17 scheduled shuttle runs for this route will remain the same.
Effective Monday, March 2 the Chicago/Main shuttle stop has moved. It is now located slightly north closer to the Chicago and Main intersection. It is at the existing CTA and Pace bus stop.
Beginning with the October monthly passes, the cost for a Chicago Train Station shuttle monthly pass is $52.00. Effective October 1, the 10-ride ticket packets are $21.00. Monthly pass and 10-ride ticket packet price changes last occurred in 2016, and the new prices remain lower than the advertised CTA fares. If you wish to discontinue this benefit administered through PayFlex, please login to www.payflex.com to make any necessary changes.
See the main page of this web site for current Evanston parking announcements.
The City of Evanston Lincoln Street water reservoir construction project is in progress. Construction activity/traffic is expected on Lincoln Street and North Campus Drive. Member of the campus community are urged to use caution and allow extra time when driving or walking near the work site. The project is expected to be completed in the summer of 2021.
Parking controls (gates, card readers and pay stations) in the North and South Parking Garages are now operating. Current permit holders will gain access to the garages by swiping their Wildcard at the entrance gates. Daily parking for those without current permits is available for an $9.00 fee. Daily parking may be paid for at pay stations located in each elevator lobby. Further detailed information is available on this web site under the Policies & Information tab above.
Storage of vehicles in main campus lots and garages for periods of time exceeding 48 consecutive hours is prohibited.
There are currently no notices for Chicago Parking.