Service Updates and Announcements
Updated October 16, 2020
The Evanston and Chicago Parking Offices are open with limited staff. Masks, social distancing, and strict adherence to all University COVID-19guidelines and policies is required. Please understand that offices may need to close temporarily during lunch and break periods. For any questions email is best:
- Evanston Parking: email@example.com
- Chicago Parking: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shuttle Services: email@example.com
- Please note, per University guidance, community members are required to wear masks in all public and shared environments on campus, and in alignment with other guidance regarding the use of masks on campus, which includes University-provided group/mass transit.
- Shuttle capacity is currently limited to 15 riders per bus. Ridership trends are closely monitored and schedules are adjusted, to the extent possible, until it is deemed appropriate to return to regular service. As a reminder, the mission of this route is to transport the campus community for business purposes, not for commuting.
- To view the modified schedules for this route, visit the Temporary Intercampus Shuttle Evanston to Chicago and Temporary Intercampus Shuttle Chicago to Evanston webpages. For your convenience, shuttles can be tracked in real-time using TransLoc.
- Campus Loop:
- Due to low utilization, the Campus Loop route will end for the remainder of the Fall Quarter. The last night of operations is Friday, October 16. Please use Safe Ride, a service provided by Via to Northwestern students, as a safe and free alternative to walking alone after dark. Safe Ride operates seven days a week during the academic year from 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- Chicago Train Shuttles:
- Regular service is operating at this time. All riders are required to have a monthly shuttle pass or single-ride ticket. To purchase passes using a credit card or debit card, visit the Erie-Ontario garage Customer Service Office (located on Ontario Street just east of the southeast elevator lobby) between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Commuter Benefits: Information from Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates FAQ page.
If you need to change an existing or future order, you must log into www.payflex.com before the monthly cutoff date (5th of each month) and shut off your deduction. If you do not place or update your order before the cutoff date you will receive your transit benefit for one more month. No refunds or adjustments can be provided. More information on the Commuter Benefit can be found on the Human Resources website: https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/benefits/transit-relocation/commuter-benefits/index.html.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 312-503-8129 which will be monitored and calls returned.
Evanston Parking Information
The Evanston Parking Office is currently open with limited staff. Masks, social distancing and strict adherence to all University COVID-19 guidelines and policies is required. There is a limit of two customers in the office at a single time.
Parking permit requirements and garage fees have been temporarily waived. All campus lots and the North and South Campus parking garages are currently open for free parking. Gradual parking enforcement will resume on October 19.
Evanston campus parking permit holders will not be charged for August and September parking fees. The payroll deductions for September and October paychecks that cover August and September parking permit fees, respectively, will be cancelled for permit holders.
2020-21 faculty/staff parking permit renewals are now available for online. Student permits are available in the Parking Office. Monthly parking for full-time Evanston campus faculty/staff and commuter students will be available at the part-time rate for October, November, and December 2020. Beginning in January 2021, monthly parking payroll deductions will return to the full-time rate.
For questions please contact us at email@example.com or 847-491-3319.
Chicago Parking Information
The Chicago Parking Office is open with limited staff. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; it is closed from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. for staff lunch and administrative responsibilities. Please understand the office may also need to close temporarily during break periods. Masks, social distancing, and strict adherence to all University COVID-19 guidelines and policies is required.
- Faculty/Staff Chicago campus parking permit holders will not be charged for August and September parking fees, except for parkers who made regular use of parking during those two months. In this instance, regular use is defined as six or more days of parking during a month. Accordingly, payroll deductions for September and October paychecks that cover August and September parking permit fees, respectively, will be cancelled for permit holders, except for individuals who used parking six or more days.
- Discount parking coupons ($11.00 per day - pink coupons): Northwestern faculty and staff with Wildcards and contractors with a University issued Contractor Identification Card must display their card to obtain up to 10 discount coupons. Coupons are available at the following locations:
- Huron Garage Customer Service office: Located on the second level outside of the northwest elevator lobby. To access the office from the ground floor, press Level 1 in the elevator. The office is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Erie Garage Customer Service office: Located near the first floor vehicle exit on Ontario Street just east of the southeast elevator lobby. The office is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Parking Services Office: Located in Abbott Hall, Room 100. The office is open 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Note that due to limited staff, the office is closed from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and may close temporarily during break periods.
- University department requests for discounted and free parking coupons (Green, Blue and White Coupons)
- Send the request via the Discounted Parking Request Form.
- Once an order is processed, coupons are available for pick up at the Erie garage Customer Service office (office hours and directions above). Individuals picking up coupons must provide the original requestor’s full name and sign for the coupons. Please note we are unable to send coupons in campus or US mail.
- Monthly contractor parking: To renew your monthly contractor parking please go to the Erie Ontario Garage Customer Service Office located on Ontario Street near the first floor vehicle exit, just east of the southeast elevator lobby. Fill out the monthly renewal form at the office and make your payment there. You can renew your parking access Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In an effort to reduce cash handling, please utilize credit cards or checks for your payments. This will be the temporary location for contractor permit renewals until the Chicago Campus Parking and Transportation Office reopens. If you have questions please call us at 312-503-1103 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are sorry, but at this time we are not able to process new requests for contractor parking.
- Bike Room access: We are currently unable to process new requests for Bike Room access. Please call our office at 312-503-1103 if you currently have access to the Bike Room and your access is expiring.
- Contact information: email@example.com or leave a message at 312-503-1103 which will be monitored and calls returned.
Campus Loop service update: Due to low utilization, the Campus Loop route will end for the remainder of the Fall Quarter. The last night of operations is Friday, October 16. Please use Safe Ride, a service provided by Via to Northwestern students, as a safe and free alternative to walking alone after dark. Safe Ride operates seven days a week during the academic year from 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
See the main page of this web site for current Evanston parking announcements.
The City of Evanston Lincoln Street water reservoir construction project is in progress. Construction activity/traffic is expected on Lincoln Street and North Campus Drive. Member of the campus community are urged to use caution and allow extra time when driving or walking near the work site. The project is expected to be completed in the summer of 2021.
Parking controls (gates, card readers and pay stations) in the North and South Parking Garages are now operating. Current permit holders will gain access to the garages by swiping their Wildcard at the entrance gates. Daily parking for those without current permits is available for an $9.00 fee. Daily parking may be paid for at pay stations located in each elevator lobby. Further detailed information is available on this web site under the Policies & Information tab above.
Storage of vehicles in main campus lots and garages for periods of time exceeding 48 consecutive hours is prohibited.
There are currently no notices for Chicago Parking.