Info About ?
Info For ?


Music programs

A number of programs focus on music. Some are general programs that offer music courses; others are only open to Music students.

Schedule an appointment with a Study Abroad Adviser to identify general programs that offer music courses.

Programs open only to Music students

Tips for earning major or minor music credit abroad

  • You can only receive credit for private lessons (accepted in place of required School of Music private lessons) if written approval from the private Northwestern instructor is obtained.
  • Consult with the Assistant Dean for Admission and Student Affairs for courses that may substitute for music major requirements. In some cases, the approval of the program coordinator will also be necessary.
  • Research the course descriptions of the classes you plan to take abroad to ensure with the Assistant Dean that the classes correspond with major/minor requirements at Northwestern.
  • Read Choosing Courses to Take Abroad, including School-specific requirements.

Northwestern contact for studying music abroad

Dr. Linda Jacobs, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Bienen School of Music
Phone: 847-491-3818, Location: MAB 110/111