Upcoming Professional Development Events
Managing your Professional Development Creatively when Budgets are Tight
- Date/Time: Tuesday, November 19th from 12pm – 1:30pm
- Location: Norris - Northwestern Room
- Presenter: Mark Presnell, Ph.D, Executive Director, Northwestern Career Advancement
The goal of the presentation is to outline different methods for growing both within your current role and into other roles within Student Affairs including when budgets are restricted.
Discussion will include how to continue to be creative while doing less with less and learn tips about how to transition from one department to another.
Accountability: Creating an Environment that Transcends Responsibility
- Date/Time: October 8th from 12pm – 1:30pm
- Location: Wildcat Room, Norris
- Presenters: Selena LeSure and Kimberly Higgins
Accountability exists in three forms: being held accountable, accepting accountability, and embracing accountability. Most are familiar with being held accountable and routinely rate others not being held accountable as a top reason for their own dissatisfaction in the workplace.
How do we transform this dissatisfaction into happiness? In this session, you will learn to identify your personal level of accountability and how to foster the conditions that support a healthy accountable workplace.
Missed a Session?
If you were unable to attend any of our sessions, please visit http://bit.ly/SAPDresources for presentation slides and additional resources.