Standard Affinity Groups
Northwestern Black Professionals Network
The Northwestern University Black Professionals Network strives to build community through our shared experiences to foster open dialogue, leadership and mentorship that will improve the NU Black professional experience.
- Membership: Full-time professional staff who identify as African American and/or Black
- Contact: email@example.com
- Journey Narrative Series
- Colleague Connections
- Leadership Workshops
- after work socials and our monthly fellowship lunch
Northwestern Unidos: Latinx Professionals Coalition
Northwestern Unidos: Latinx Professionals Coalition provides a space for staff of Latin American ancestry or solidarity to develop opportunities for engagement as it relates to their professional experience at Northwestern University.
- Membership: is open to all current Northwestern University employees with full-and part-time assignments who self-identify as members or supporters of the Latinx community.
General meetings and gatherings take place monthly on alternating 3rd Tuesday's or Wednesday's of the month during the lunch hour, with additional meeting as necessary to promote the objectives of the group. General meetings are open to all members.
LGBTQ+ Affinity Group
A group for Northwestern University LGBTQ+ faculty and staff to connect, network, and develop a sense of community and belonging on campus.
- Membership: is open to Northwestern faculty, staff with some consideration for graduate student participation
Periodic in-person events are take place both on and off campus.
Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA)
Staff Affinity Group - ASAG
The APIDA Staff Affinity Group (ASAG) is an affinity space for APIDA staff to build a sense of community and belonging, represent APIDA perspectives in institutional racial and social justice initiatives, and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Membership: Open to any Northwestern staff member who self-identifies as part of the APIDA (Asian Pacific Islander Desi American) community – which is inclusive of, but not limited to, East Asian, Southeast Asian, South Asian, and Pacific Islander diasporic identities, as well as multiracial and multiethnic APIDA identities.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://sites.northwestern.edu/asag/
Activities include monthly community gatherings and discussions, cultural outings, and sharing resources and opportunities