40 Days: An Invitation to Reflection & Renewal
February 1 – March 12
40 Days is our annual series of programs and opportunities designed to create an intentional time and space to renew, reflect, and become more aware of one's self and those around them. Inspired by practices of many spiritual traditions to set aside a portion of the year for reflection, this program invites all of any or no particular spiritual tradition to be nourished by these events.
40 DAYS CALENDAR
- Use the 40 Days calendar to find a message, spiritual exercise, or event to nourish your whole being during this time for renewal.
SOUP & SUBSTANCE
- Each Wednesday beginning February 6 | 12-1pm in Parkes 120
- Participants gather over a simple meal of soup and bread while sharing in brief reflections from a variety of spiritual and sacred sources guided by campus leaders. Please note that there is no program on March 6 but a community lunch will be served. No sign up necessary!
- February 14 | 12-1:00pm in Parkes 122
- Discover the practice of Tai Chi which engages slow movements of the body for gentle exercise and stretching. Participants should wear loose fitting clothing. A boxed lunch will be available for all to take after the program.
- Sign up @ bit.ly/nusoulfood
SPIRITUALITY READING SERIES
- March 7 | 12-1:15pm in Parkes 120
- Participants of this program will receive Strength to Love by Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King free of charge and gather once over lunch for an engaging discussion.
- Sign up @ bit.ly/readingseriesnu
WALK THE LABYRINTH
- Each Tuesday starting February 5 | 9am -5pm @ Parkes 122
- Let this ancient tradition help you find your own path to the center as you walk an actual labyrinth. A minimum of 20 minutes is encouraged for this self-guided experience.