Northwestern Online Programs
Many schools at Northwestern have developed their own modules and courses to offer students a variety of online, blended, and distance learning opportunities. Listed here are just a few of these offerings.
School of Professional Studies
Read more about the School of Professional Studies’ distance learning philosophy. SPS offers several Master's degree programs that can be taken partly or completely online including:
- MS in Global Health
- MS in Health Informatics
- MS in Information Design and Strategy
- MS in Information Systems
- MS in Predictive Analytics
- MA in Public Policy and Administration- This course recently won a Blackboard Exemplary Course Award.
Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
- MS in Integrated Marketing Communications - This program offers the same faculty, curriculum, and degree as the on-campus program.
School of Education and Social Policy
- MS in Learning and Organizational Change - This program offers a part-time alternative schedule option that combines distance learning with intensive two- to six-day on-campus sessions.
Feinberg School of Medicine
- MS in Health Informatics - This part-time, fully online program offered in collaboration with the School of Professional Studies.
- MS in Prosthetics and Orthotics - This twenty-one month program is offered through a blended format.
- MS in Health Services and Outcomes Research - The executive hybrid model for this one-year program combines virtual class sessions with four to five days of intensive course work on campus each quarter.
The Graduate School
- MA in Counseling- In conjunction with the Graduate School, the Family Institute at Northwestern offers this online full-time degree program. Throughout the program, students travel to campus twice for immersion experiences.
The Pritzker School of Law
- Executive LLM in Madrid, Spain - Offered in collaboration with IE Law School, this program employs a blended approach, combining online instruction with periods of on-campus learning in both Madrid and Chicago.
- MS in Law - This degree program includes several blended learning courses featuring substantial online components
The McCormick School of Engineering
- MS in Executive Management for Design and Construction - The delivery method includes interactive weekly webinars between students and faculty, group projects, guest seminars by leaders in the industry, and student project presentations are intended to forge the same interaction between students and faculty that is typically achieved in face-to-face courses. Students also view recorded video lectures prior to the associated webinar.