Northwestern MOOCs Enrollment
Northwestern now offers all of its massive open online courses (MOOCs) at no cost to its students, alumni, faculty, and staff. You can now earn a Course Certificate and access all Northwestern MOOC content on Coursera free of charge!
To see a listing of course descriptions, please visit our MOOC page on the Digital Learning website. Please note: students, alumni, faculty, and staff must click the links below to take advantage of the special offer. DO NOT click the “Enroll” buttons on the Digital Learning MOOC page.
To enroll in a Northwestern course and activate the special free course certificate offer, please follow these steps:
1. If you do not already have a Coursera account, sign up at https://www.coursera.org/. To be eligible for the special free course certificate offer, you must sign up with your Northwestern email address (click here if you are a Northwestern alumni who needs to activate a Northwestern email address) -- OR -- if you already have a Coursera account, verify that you are using your Northwestern email address in your Coursera account settings in order to take advantage of this special free course certificate offer.
2. Click on a course title from the list of special free course certificate offer links below (Please note: you must sign up for each course in a Specialization individually.):
- The Art of Sales - Course 1: Customer Segmentation and Prospecting
- The Art of Sales - Course 2: Connecting with Sales Prospects
- The Art of Sales - Course 3: Sales Pitch and Closing
- The Art of Sales - Course 4 (Capstone): Building a Toolkit for your Sales Process
Content Strategy Specialization
- Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences
- Content Strategy for Professionals: Managing Content
- Content Strategy for Professionals: Expanding Your Content’s Reach
- Content Strategy for Professionals: Ensuring Your Content's Impact
- Content Strategy for Professionals: Capstone Project
Modern Robotics: Mechanics, Planning, and Control Specialization
- Modern Robotics, Course 1: Foundations of Robot Motion
- Modern Robotics, Course 2: Robot Kinematics
- Modern Robotics, Course 3: Robot Dynamics
- Modern Robotics, Course 4: Robot Motion Planning and Control
- Modern Robotics, Course 5: Robot Manipulation and Wheeled Mobile Robots
- Modern Robotics, Course 6: Capstone Project, Mobile Manipulation
- High Performance Collaboration: Leadership, Teamwork, and Negotiation
- Leadership Communication for Maximum Impact: Storytelling
- Leadership Through Social Influence
- Leadership Through Marketing
- Leadership Through Design Innovation
- Organizational Leadership Capstone
- What is Social?
- The Importance of Listening
- Engagement & Nurture Marketing Strategies
- Content, Advertising & Social IMC
- The Business of Social
- Social Marketing Capstone Project
- Sports Marketing
- خيارات لسانية لمحترفي الإعلام باللغة العربية (Arabic for Media - Course taught entirely in Arabic)
- Career 911: Your Future Job in Medicine and Healthcare
- Fundamentals of Digital Image and Video Processing
- Luther and the West
- Introduction to Reproduction
- Power Onboarding
- Scaling Operations: Linking Strategy and Execution
- The Talmud: A Methodological Introduction
- Teaching the Violin and Viola: Creating a Healthy Foundation
3. Click the blue Accept Invitation button on the “You’re Invited” screen.
4. Click the blue Continue button on the “Welcome!” screen.
5. You are now enrolled in the course!
6. You will receive several email messages to welcome you to the course or specialization and also a message from Coursera that details what you will need to do to earn your Course Certificate.
Please note: Email messages from Coursera might contain links inviting you to enroll in other Northwestern Coursera courses. DO NOT click these links. In order to receive the special free certificate offer, you must enroll in each course individually using the special free course certificate offer links listed above.
7. To confirm that you have validated the special free course certificate offer, you can verify your course enrollment by clicking on the small triangle in the upper right-hand corner of the webpage and selecting “My Purchases” from the pull-down menu.
8. To earn the Course Certificate, you must complete the course. If you fall behind, you will be promoted to enroll in the next cohort and pick up where you left off. The free Course Certificate offer will be recognized in any cohort of that course.
If you have any issues or difficulty validating your special free course certificate offer, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.