The Office of the Provost is committed to the professional success and personal well-being of all faculty members. This webpage highlights well-being resources available to faculty. Review the Faculty Work/Life and Family Resources brochure for information on work/life-related policies, relocation resources, and family support programs and benefits.
Faculty Wellness Program
Northwestern’s Faculty Wellness Program offers assistance to full-time faculty members who are experiencing difficulties in their professional or personal lives. Whether you have been directly exposed to Coronavirus/COVID-19 or not, the outbreak can affect your emotional and mental health wellbeing. Learn more about the Faculty Wellness Program, and contact director Dr. Richard Carroll, for assistance.
Richard A. Carroll, PhD
Faculty Well-Being Conversations Series
The COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly altered academic life for faculty, many of whom have additional responsibilities such as homeschooling and caregiving. Join this monthly faculty forum, facilitated by Lesley Lundeen, Well-being Manager, Human Resources, for conversation, sharing, and connection, focused on well-being, boundary-setting, and stress reduction. Sign-up instructions for each forum will be sent by email to all faculty. Contact Massiel Adams-Santos, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
- October 29: "There's not enough time!"
- November 18: Challenges for Parents Who Are Caregiving During a Pandemic
- December 10: The Art of Saying No
YourLife Wellness Program
A wide variety of programs, services, discounts, and resources to help you make thoughtful, informed choices to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Learn more.
- Employee Assistance Program
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a program for faculty and staff, provides a network of services, including free short-term counseling, to help address everyday life challenges in a confidential, professional, and supportive manner. For assistance contact 855-547-1851. Learn more.
- Fitness Classes
- Yoga, Meditation, Exercise and other Remote Classes and Resources
National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
Northwestern University is a member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). This membership offers free access to professional development resources and support, including links to many on-line resources for faculty on well-being and teaching/research during the Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak. Login and click the Resources tab. This resource is open to all faculty and graduate students. Learn more.