Faculty Wellness Week
Northwestern offers a variety of in-person and remote options to support the physical and mental health of its faculty. Many of these options are featured free of charge during Faculty Wellness Week, which recently took place from Feb. 7-13, 2022.
During the 2022-2023 academic year, Faculty Wellness Week will take place Oct. 3-9, 2022, and Jan. 23-29, 2023. Please view the February 2022 program below for an example of the programming that will be offered next year. Faculty are encouraged to take advantage of the programs and discounts.
All Week (Feb. 7-13)
Henry Crown Sports Pavilion and Group Exercise Classes
- Facilities and hours are posted online. Faculty interested in accessing the facility should email Nancy Tierney with their name and employee ID. They will receive an email once they are in the system, and they can begin accessing the facility with their Wildcard. Advance registration is encouraged to allow sufficient time for processing and set-up. NOTE: Faculty members who signed up for Jan. 10-16 may keep these dates or switch to Feb. 7-13; please email Nancy Tierney for assistance.
- Memberships: The $100 initiation fee for faculty and their family members is waived during this week.
- Group Exercise: Members have free access to a wide variety of in-person classes each week (yoga, Pilates, BodyPump, spin, aqua fitness and more).
- Available remotely or in-person at Henry Crown Sports Pavilion, a fitness assessment includes health history, resting measurements, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, balance and goal setting. This opportunity is perfect for anyone who is starting an exercise program or wanting to check their current fitness level. Limited spots are available between 8 a.m and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Email Hilary De Vries to schedule an appointment.
Monday, Feb. 7
Virtual Lunchtime Guided Meditation, noon-12:30 p.m.
- Join Elizabeth Tuckwell for 30 minutes of guided meditation. The benefits of meditation include reducing stress, increasing calm, connection and self-compassion. No previous experience is necessary. All are welcome.
- Zoom login: https://northwestern.zoom.us/j/97989876879
- Dial in: (312) 626 6799
- Meeting ID: 979 8987 6879
Tuesday, Feb. 8
Virtual Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class, 5-5:30 p.m.
- Vinyasa means “breath-synchronized movement.” Please join us whether you’re in your office or at home for a virtual yoga class that focuses on breath and the transition of postures and works to relax the mind and enhance energy flow throughout the body. All levels of experience are welcome.
- Zoom login: https://northwestern.zoom.us/j/94010738052
- Dial in: (312) 626 6799
- Meeting ID: 940 1073 8052
Wednesday, Feb. 9 and Thursday, Feb. 10
10-minute massage tune-ups
- Take a quick break in the Henry Crown Sports Pavilion Wellness Suite for a relaxing massage tune-up. Limited spots are available between 4 and 5 p.m. both days. Call (847) 467-2607 to schedule an appointment.
Friday, Feb. 11
In-person meditation, 4-4:30 p.m.
- Join Religious and Spiritual Life for an in-person meditation offered weekly in Parkes Hall in Evanston. This event is open to faculty, staff and students.
Available All YearNorthwestern offers a variety of free resources throughout the year.
- White Light Therapy: Light therapy—exposure to artificial light—can be a safe, effective way to treat symptoms of depression, seasonal affective disorder, sleep disorders and mood disorders. Walk-ups are welcome. For more information or to make an appointment, call 847-467-2607 or visit the Henry Crown Sports Pavilion Wellness Suite.
- Virtual Well-Being Breaks: Join daily 15- or 30-minute well-being breaks from your office or home. Check the daily schedule for a variety of virtual offerings, including stretch, yoga, cardio kickboxing, Pilates, Latin dance and core conditioning
- On-Demand Virtual Exercise Classes: Northwestern Recreation offers on-demand exercise classes, available any time that is convenient for you. Classes are 30 to 60 minutes and include Bodypump, yoga, Zumba and more.