Best Practices for Faculty Searches
The following best practices for the search process are intended to assist schools and departments in achieving an excellent and diverse faculty.
- Pre-Search Process - Guidelines for forming a search committee, developing a position description, and other institutional pre-search procedures.
- Also includes information on the role of the Equity Representative
- Outreach and Advertising - Guidelines, best practices, and suggestions for outreach strategies to create a broad and diverse pool of prospects.
- Search and Review Process - Best practices for establishing effective search and review processes.
- The Interview - Best practices for arranging campus visits, providing a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for candidates, and interviewing.
- The Offer - Best practices for making offers and communicating with candidates.
- Documenting the Search - Guidelines for assembling and retaining records of faculty searches.