Underrepresented Minority Faculty Professional Development Grants
The Underrepresented Minority Faculty Professional Development Grant Program is intended to supplement school support for underrepresented minority faculty members’ professional development opportunities as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Some examples include:
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Mid-Career Minority Faculty Leadership Seminar
- National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
- The Faculty Women of Color in the Academy Conference
The Office of the Provost will match department/school contributions up to $2,500 per individual, per academic year. Up to ten total grants (across all schools) will be provided each academic year. Funds will be reimbursed/transferred based on submitted receipts; acceptable expenses must comply with Northwestern University travel policies.
The travel grant is intended for faculty members from underrepresented racial or ethnic minority groups. All full-time, tenure-line, instructional, or clinical minority faculty are eligible for funding. Research, adjunct, and visiting faculty are not eligible.
- A budget detailing allowable travel expenses (airfare, mileage reimbursement, lodging, ground transportation, meals, registration/conference fees)
- A brief rationale (no more than 50 words) related to how this professional development activity supports diversity, equity and/or inclusion
- The name and signature of the Department Chair or Dean agreeing to provide matching funds (an electronic signature or email with a stated approval is required)