To apply for this award, faculty should submit a statement, not to exceed two pages in length, which includes the following:
1) A description of the proposed curricular innovation, including:
- An explanation of how it relates to the existing curriculum,
- The expected level and format of the course or courses incorporating the innovation (e.g., large introductory class, advanced lecture, or small seminar), and
- An explanation of why the proposal is innovative in nature.
2) An explanation of how the award funds are expected to be used (e.g., $2,000 to an assistant to work on the course syllabus; $1,000 to fund travel for external speakers, etc.)
- If applicable, provide an explanation of any past or prior funding for this proposal and what was accomplished with that funding.
3) A statement of your learning objectives and expected impact of the course or project on undergraduate students.
- Please also include a statement about how you intend to continue or scale the impact of your project.
4) In addition to this statement, applicants should attach the following:
- A letter from one of the following: the faculty member’s Program Director, Department Chair or school Dean which indicates a willingness to provide teaching support if the project is funded.
- If a non-tenure eligible, the application should also include a letter from the school Dean indicating an expectation of renewed appointment (in order to allow an opportunity for curricular impact).
Applications for the summer 2019 awards are now open. The application deadline is November 1, 2018. Faculty whose proposals are selected for funding will be notified prior to winter quarter, followed by a public announcement and funding disbursement.