To apply for this award, faculty should submit a statement (firstname.lastname@example.org), not to exceed two pages in length, that includes the following:
1) A description of the proposed curricular innovation, including:
- An explanation of how it relates to the existing curriculum,
- The expected level and format of the course or courses incorporating the innovation (e.g., large introductory class, advanced lecture, or small seminar),
- An explanation of why the proposal is innovative in nature,
- A description of the learning goals and expected impact of the innovation on undergraduates students.
2) An explanation of how the award funds are expected to be used (e.g., $2,000 to an assistant to work on the course syllabus; $1,000 to fund travel for external speakers, etc.)
- Include an explanation of any prior funding for this proposal and what was accomplished with that funding.
In addition to this statement, applicants should attach the following:
- A letter from one of the following: the faculty member’s Program Director, Department Chair or Dean which indicates a willingness to provide teaching support if the project is funded.
- Applications from non-tenure eligible faculty should also include a letter from the Dean indicating that the Dean expects the faculty member’s appointment at Northwestern to continue for the subsequent two years. This will help to ensure that there is sufficient opportunity for the innovation to have an impact on the undergraduate curriculum.
Applications are due on Friday, November 15, 2019. Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Proposals selected for funding will be announced in late December and funds will be disbursed in 2020.