University Teaching Awards Committee
The University Teaching Awards Selection Committee meets in the spring to select individual faculty members who have:
- demonstrated outstanding performance in classroom teaching,
- developed significant innovations that have also influenced the methods and teaching effectiveness of other faculty, and
- demonstrated evidence of significant curricular enhancement to undergraduate education.
Recipients of these University Teaching Awards, the prestigious University-wide teaching award, are honored in a ceremony held in late spring quarter.
Current selection committee members will be invited to review nomination materials in Box.
2019 Committee Members
- Jonathan Holloway, Committee Chair and Provost
- Miriam Sherin, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
- Emily Ash, VP of Academics, Associated Student Government
- Neelesh Patankar, Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Susan Phillips, Associate Professor, English
- David Rapp, Professor, School of Education and Social Policy
- Francesca Tataranni, Professor of Instruction, Classics