The Classroom Committee was established by the Provost in January 2000 and is charged with evaluating classroom use and quality, and recommending to the Provost and the Deans policies on classroom utilization, scheduling, physical improvements and priorities for assignment.
Much of the work of the Classroom Committee is accomplished through subcommittees that focus on classroom quality (condition) and on classroom utilization. Additionally, the co-chairs work with faculty and staff from the Chicago campus to explore improvements in the quality and utilization of classrooms in Chicago. A recurring funding allocation has been established for the Classroom Committee to address priority needs.
- Jean Shedd, Committee Chair; Associate Provost for Budget, Facilities, and Analysis, Office of the Provost
- Martina Bode, Distinguished Senior Lecturer, Mathematics, WCAS
- Susanna Calkins, Associate Director of Faculty Development, Searle Center for Advancing Learning & Teaching
- Jacqualyn Casazza, University Registrar
- Rick Morris, Associate Dean, Finance and Administration; Assistant Professor, Radio/TV/Film, School of Communication
- Marianne Ryan, Associate University Librarian for Public Services, University Library
- Robert Taylor, Director, Academic and Research Technologies, Information Technology
- Joel Trammell, Associate Dean of Facilities and Planning, WCAS
- Paul Weller, Director, Facilities Planning, Facilities Management and Chair, Subcommittee on Classroom Utilization
- Ken Woo, Director for Information Technology, School of Continuing Studies
- Jessica Abrams, Manager of Construction Projects, Phase I, Facilities Management
Classroom Committee Reports
- 2012 - 2013
- 2011 - 2012
- 2010 - 2011
- 2009 - 2010
- 2008 - 2009
- 2007 - 2008
- 2006 - 2007
- 2005 - 2006
- 2004 - 2005
- 2003 - 2004
- 2002 - 2003
- 2001 - 2002
- 2000 - 2001
- 1999 - 2000
For classroom reservation policies and procedures, visit the Office of the Registrar's classroom scheduling page.
To view photos of the Evanston campus general purpose classrooms, visit the Facilities Management Classroom Catalog.
For all classroom reservations (both campuses), visit the University's Room and Event System (RES).
Classroom Quality Standards
The University is committed to maintaining its classrooms in a state of readiness for teaching and learning. This includes both regular custodial services to the room itself, attention to the repair of the desks, chairs, lights, shades, and other classroom equipment, and ensuring that all special equipment such as overhead projectors, screens, and other audio-visual equipment are in proper working order. Please help us maintain an optimal teaching and learning environment at Northwestern by promptly reporting broken equipment or other issues with classroom cleanliness.
For Evanston Campus Classrooms, call Facilities Management at (847) 491-5201 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org For Northwestern University Smart Classrooms, call (847) 467-7666 or e-mail email@example.com
Full information on classroom policies and reservations can be found on the Registrar Classroom Utilization Policies web page.