Search Committee for Executive Director of the Buffett Institute
Northwestern University is conducting a search for the next Executive Director of the Buffett Institute for Global Studies. A search committee comprised primarily of faculty members, is undertaking the search. Learn more in the Northwestern News announcement: Northwestern announces search for Buffett Institute's next leader.
The committee is seeking broad input from the University community to help identify the best candidates for this position. If you would like to share your input on the search or suggestions for names to consider, please forward your input to the confidential email, email@example.com. You may also provide input using an anonymous feedback form, https://goo.gl/forms/FgM8RqzyWoChJmy12. All feedback received will be shared only with the search committee and the search firm consultant.
The committee has retained an international search firm, Russell Reynolds Associates, to help identify the broadest possible candidate pool for this position.
The position profile has been finalized: Executive Director of the Buffett Institute Position Profile
The search committee will be engaging the broad Northwestern community to solicit input on the qualities and attributes of the next executive director. You are invited to attend and provide your feedback during one of these open listening sessions. If you are unable to participate in one of these scheduled times, you are invited to share your anonymous and confidential input at https://goo.gl/forms/FgM8RqzyWoChJmy12.
- Listening session for Northwestern undergraduate and graduate students: Monday, February 5, 12:30-2:00 pm at Harris Hall (108)
- Listening session for Buffett Institute staff and affiliated faculty: Monday, February 5, 3:00-4:30 pm at Harris Hall (108)
- Evanston campus listening session for Northwestern faculty and staff: Wednesday, February 7, 11:30am – 1:00pm in Norris 203 Lake Room, Evanston
- Chicago campus listening session for Northwestern faculty and staff: Thursday, February 8, 8:30am – 10:00am in Levy Mayer LM104 (Lincoln Hall), Pritzker School of Law, 375 East Chicago Avenue
The search committee will also be conducting meetings with Deans and other senior University leaders, to invite their input into this search.
- David N. Figlio, Chair, Dean and Orrington Lunt Professor of Education and Social Policy, SESP
- Héctor Carrillo, Professor, Sociology and Gender & Sexuality Studies, WCAS
- Vinayak Dravid, Abraham Harris Chaired Professor of Materials Science & Engineering; Founding Director, NUANCE Center; Founder and co-Director, Global McCormick
- Patrick Eccles, Senior Associate Director of Global Engagement Programs, Buffett Institute for Global Studies
- Matthew Johnson, Professor, Anthropology, WCAS
- Robert Murphy, John Philip Phair Professor of Infectious Diseases and Director of the Center for Global Health, Institute for Public Health and Medicine, FSM
- Wendy Pearlman, Associate Professor, Political Science and Koldyke Outstanding Teaching Professor, WCAS
- Diane Schanzenbach, Margaret Walker Alexander Professor of Human Development and Social Policy, SESP and Director, Institute for Policy Research
- Jim Speta, Professor of Law; Associate Dean for International Initiatives; Director of Executive LLM Programs, Pritzker School of Law
- Chris Udry, King Professor of Economics, WCAS
- Ivy Wilson, Associate Professor, English and Director, Program in American Studies, WCAS
- Ji-Yeon Yuh, Associate Professor, History, WCAS
This committee will be staffed by:
- Andrea Bueschel, Associate Provost for Strategy and Policy, Office of the Provost
- Celina Flowers, Assistant Provost for Faculty, Office of the Provost