Information for Departments and Schools
- Vendor profiles identify all participating Northwestern Preferred Vendors, which have been pre-screened by PPS. These vendors can also be identified on the Preferred Vendor List.
- You can also contact Procurement and Payment Services at 847-491-8120 to find diverse vendors.
Departments and schools should contact PPS for information on diverse vendors.
Facilities Management is the only department that uses the Supplier Diversity Subcontracting Plan Forms for vendor contract proposals:
- Form 1 (NU Sub1) – Submitted to Facilities Management with their bid
- FM Supplier Diversity Plan Process
- FM Supplier Diversity Form Flowchart
Procurement and Payment Services also assists in the creation of Small Business Subcontracting Plans for inclusion in grant proposals. A final proposed budget is necessary to create a subcontracting plan. Please allow five business days for creations of a subcontracting plan. For more information, contact Kimberly Li at 847-467-0837.
- SF-294 and SF-295 – Required for government contracts with small business subcontracts. These forms are submitted bi-annually on April 30 and October 31. PPS fills out the forms in conjunction with Accounting Services for Research and Sponsored Programs (ASRSP). PPS supplies ASRSP with the breakdown of spending with small, small disadvantaged, woman-owned, HUBzone, veteran-owned, and large businesses for each government contract. Forms are available from ASRSP.
Periodically, Northwestern holds Supplier Diversity Symposiums that highlight a select group of diverse vendors who provide professional services. Learn more on our Supplier Diversity Symposium page.