Hardware Replacement - Roles and Responsibilities
To assist in preparing staff for planning for these meeting and replacing hardware please review the outlined tasks and responsibilities. If a school, unit, or department is also replacing hardware and migrating to Northwestern Print, there will be additional required tasks to work through as the equipment is put into production.
Departmental ContactWhat are my responsibilities as the departmental contact?
- Validate my current lease information
- Serial number
- Monthly lease payment
- Current usage charges for B/W and Color
- Lease expiration
- Current meter reading
- Current configurations (paper trays, finisher type, fax, hole punch, etc)
- Is 11” X 17” printing/copying important?
- Validate space and power requirements
- Meet with Ricoh Account Manager to discuss departmental needs
- Review and approve recommendation
- Submit signed order form with proper Chart String and Authorized Signature
- Provide Ricoh with accurate contact information for scheduling and delivery
- Complete Site Details form provided by Ricoh
- Accept Delivery Date
- Notify departmental staff and local IT of Delivery Date
- Build the local address book (scan to e-mail destinations) for the new unit if you currently don’t have a Ricoh device.
- Schedule training with Ricoh Training Team as needed
- Create or update MyRicoh on-line Account
- Create supply orders or service tickets as needed
Local ITWhat are my local IT department’s responsibilities?
- Provide device information to Ricoh (IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, DNS, etc)
- Assist Ricoh Technician with installation as needed
- Prepare and Deploy Print Drivers to end users
- Test new device (print and scan functions)
Ricoh Account ManagerWhat are the Ricoh Account Manager’s Responsibilities?
- Validate the departments current lease information
- Validate the department’s needs and use cases
- Provide a replacement recommendation in-line with the MPS program
- Review next steps and scheduling details with departmental contact
- Provide an Order Form to the departmental contact
- Submit the signed Order Form to Ricoh’s Order Processing Team
- Send Welcome Packet
- Provide MAC address to IT as needed
- Provide department with printer management and supply information
Ricoh Service TechnicianWhat are the Ricoh Service Technician’s Responsibilities?
- Schedule install date once unit has been delivered
- Transfer address book (Ricoh-to-Ricoh replacement)
- Complete installation
- Test Device
Ricoh TrainerWhat are the Ricoh Trainer’s Responsibilities?
- Provide in-person or virtual training
- Provide MyRicoh Training
- Provide leave-behind training materials as needed