CATalyst Facilitator Application Information
How to Apply
The CATalyst Facilitator application is now live! We are excited you are considering applying to be a 2020-2021 CATalyst Facilitator. The CATalyst Facilitator application will close Monday, January 27 at 11:59 PM. Before you begin your application, please make sure you have reviewed the position and important dates.
The CATalyst Facilitator application is now open. All CATalyst applicants will answer the same four essay questions, which are listed below. Each question has a 250 word limit.
- How can a pre-orientation program be beneficial to a new student’s transition?
- Write to a new student about an experience that challenged you during your first year at Northwestern and how you learned from that experience.
- Describe a time when you disagreed with a peer. How did you navigate this situation, and what was the result?
- What leadership style do you feel you posses and how do you think you could continue to grow as a leader?
Applicants selected to continue will participate in our interview process.
The interview process will give you an opportunity to interview with the student leaders who are responsible for overall planning of CATalyst and NSFP professional staff members. The 30-minute interview will consist of a group and individual portion. If you are selected to move on to the interview stage after the application review, you will receive an email with your interview time based on the availability you indicated in your application. Interviews will take place between Friday, February 21 - Sunday, February 23.
Final selections will be communicated by Friday, March 6.
CATalyst Facilitator Position Restrictions
- Those who serve as a a Resident Assistant (RA), Peer Adviser, or a Family Ambassador are not able to serve as a CATalyst Facilitator (if you are applying to multiple student leader positions within NSFP, you will be offered only one position).
- If you plan to study abroad this spring 2020 or in the fall 2020, you will not be able to fulfill the CATalyst Facilitator role.
- CATalyst Facilitators must have no other duties or activities during their pre-orientation program nor are they allowed to recruit for other student organizations.
- New Student and Family Programs staff must follow a strict alcohol policy to ensure focus is kept on the transition and well-being of the new students rather than social events.