Queer & Trans Empowerment Month (nationally known as LGBT History Month) is celebrated every October at Northwestern University and recognizes the lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender, and queer community. The university community host a variety of programs and events which aim to educate on LGBTQ issues and build community on campus.
Previous events have featured Janet Mock, Dark Matter, faculty film screenings, and community discussions on a variety of topics. We hope you will take part in this year's Queer & Trans Empowerment Month events.
Queer & Trans Empowerment Month 2021 Events
October 4, 2021 | Get Wet and Stay Wet Tabling
- 10:00am -2:00pm CST | Norris Lobby
October 11, 2021 | LGBTQIA+ Faculty/Staff/Student Social
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm CST | Gender and Sexuality Resource Center (GSRC); Norris 3rd Floor
- Celebrate National Coming Out day by dropping into the GSRC for community and sweets with Rainbow Alliance, MSA and members of Northwestern's Out Network Evanston! Snacks will be provides and you are encouraged to bring your lunch!
October 13, 2021 | Plant Medicine Workshop
- 6:00pm-7:00pm CST - Zoom Registration
October 21st, 2021 | Plant Dye & Upcycling Workshop
- 3:00pm-4:30pm CST | MCC Back Yard (Rain Location: MCC Front Porch)
October 25, 2021 | Thrifting 101 and Sustainability
- 5:00pm-6:00pm CST | Kresge 2325 | Zoom Registration
Campus and Community Events
Find even more events hosted by Rainbow Alliance, QPGSA, community organizations in Chicago, and more on the LGBTQIA Google calendar updated weekly!
One Book Events
- Northwestern's 2021 common read, The Story of More, explores our relationship with the environment. One Book will be working across campus year round for environment related programing. Learn more on the One Book website!