Are you looking to get involved with Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA)? Take a look at some of the different ways that you can engage with the office.
MSA seeks creative, detailed oriented, and energetic Student Office Assistants who can manage multiple specialized projects and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and social justice. This position serves as the first point of contact for students, visitors, faculty and staff to one of our three spaces: Gender & Sexuality Resource Center, Multicultural Center, and The Black House.
The deadline to apply is Monday, November 25
- Recruitment Timeline: Fall Quarter - Spring Quarter
- Position start and end dates: Fall Quarter - Spring Quarter
For the summer of 2020, MSA is seeking creative, detailed oriented and energetic Student Summer Interns who can manage specialized projects and demonstrates a commitment to diversity and social justice.
These internships are a blend of clerical assistance and specific summer projects.
- Recruitment Timeline: Spring Quarter - Completed for Spring 2020
- Position start and end dates: June - September
MSA offers four Graduate Assistant positions. A graduate assistant is a part-time employee who is directly supervised by one of our full-time staff members. Each position serves as a content expert for one of the following student communities:
- Asian-American/Pacific Islander/Desi
- Native American/Indigenous
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer
In addition, the GA is also given the opportunity to work across communities by focusing on one or more of our major programming areas: Identity Engagement, Leadership & Education, and Institutional Navigation.
Recruitment Timeline: Fall Quarter - Spring Quarter
Positions start and end dates: Fall Quarter - Spring Quarter.
For current opening, please visit the Campus Inclusion & Community page.
InclusionNU Fund Board Member
Are you looking to get more involved with MSA, work in a team environment, and support student organizations centering diversity, access, and inclusion in their programming? Then join the InclusionNU Fund Board for 2019-20!
The InclusionNU Fund is a grant distributed by Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA) that supports registered Northwestern University student organizations in implementing programs and initiatives that align with MSA's mission of cultivating an inclusive and welcoming campus through intentional engagement with difference.
InclusionNU Fund Board member responsibilities include:
- Attending a training on how to evaluate applications fairly and consistently
- Reviewing all InclusionNU Fund applications for alignment with the fund's priorities
- Attending board meetings three times a quarter dates below) to make funding decisions
- Ensuring and maintaining the integrity of the board's decision-making process
Position start and end dates: Fall Quarter - Spring Quarter
Visit the InclusionNU Fund Board Member page for additional information.