Graduate Housing Move Out
When you are ready to move out, please do the following:
- Pack/remove your belongings
- Clean your room/suite/apartment
- Dispose of waste/recycling in proper receptacles
- Ensure all furniture allocated to the room is present
- Close/latch windows and close window coverings
- Set thermostat to 72°F (22°C)
- Double check your apartment for personal belongings
- Double check your stove/oven is off
- Turn out lights and lock the door
- Pick up any remaining mail/packages
- Submit Self Check-Out Form
- Check-out after you remove your belongings, and clean your space
- Each contract holder must submit this form to complete their check-out.
What to Expect as you Check-Out / DamagesStudents must completely clean and empty apartments, including storage units where applicable, before they return their keys to the area desk.
Garbage & Recycling
Northwestern is committed to taking appropriate steps to minimize our impact on the natural environment. To help in this effort, learn more about recycling options. Extra dumpsters will also be placed throughout campus near the end of the quarter. View the Move Out Dumpster map to see where extra dumpsters will be located during move-out.
Please contact your front desk.