I-20/DS-2019 Accuracy

Any changes to the information that appears on your I-20 or DS-2019 must be up-to-date. This information includes:

  • Academic updates or changes (including change in academic level/program)
  • Financial information
  • Personal information

If any of the above changes, please submit the Change in Academic Program form to the IO.

Academic updates or changes

  • If you need to change the degree-completion date listed on your I-20 or DS-2019, you must apply for an I-20/DS-2019 extension prior to the expiration date listed.
  • Report any changes to your academic major/program.
  • Report a change in your academic level, such as a change from Master's to PhD or PhD to Master’s.

Financial information

Report any financial support/funding changes, such as a change from from scholarship funds to family funding.

Personal information

Report changes such as name, dependent name, or immigration status:

  • Report a change of legal name to the International Office. (You will also need to  submit a copy of your new passport to your assigned International Student Advisor or during walk-in hours.)
  • Report any name changes for your dependents.
  • Notify the International Office if you obtain another immigration status. (You will also need to submit a copy of your USCIS Approval Notice, Green Card, etc.)

Maintain a valid passport at all times. Passport should be valid 6 months into the future each time you enter the U.S.