Changes in Visa Status

This section contains specific information for students currently or previously registered at Northwestern in either F-1 or J-1 status, who may need to change their visa status.

Find instructions for making the following changes:

Dependents, scholars, visitors, and faculty/staff with other visa statuses may also be interested in acquiring visa status. Learn about the process of changing to student status.