International Spouses & Families

Dependent visas

If you are the spouse of an international student, visitor, or employee, you will enter with dependent status. Children under the age of 21 are considered dependents as well. Use these links to get started and file required documentation.


The various dependent visa categories have different restrictions on employment. Learn about visa restrictions and employment authorization, if applicable.

Getting settled

As you move to the Evanston area, you may need the following information to find housing and other necessities.

For parents and families

Find resources related to enrolling your child school or childcare, as well as opportunities to meet other international spouses and parents.