**NOTE: Due to COVID-19-related travel restrictions, we are repurposing the International Exploratory Travel Grant to offer $3,000 International Classroom Partnering Grants for Northwestern Faculty. The goal of these grants is to enhance students’ intercultural competencies through collaborations (not necessarily co-teaching) between Northwestern faculty and faculty at our partner institutions abroad.
The Office of the Vice President for International Relations is strongly committed to providing excellent international opportunities for Northwestern faculty members. Faculty members interested in developing or expanding their international portfolio and collaborations with the support of our office can do so in various ways.
Northwestern is committed to expanding and deepening existing institutional partnerships as well as developing new partnerships that focus on collaborative research.
- Faculty interested in building relationships at an existing partner institution can apply for an International Exploratory Travel Grant.
Represent Northwestern Abroad
- If you are traveling abroad for professional reasons and would be interested in connecting with Northwestern partners, students studying abroad, or alumni please reach out to our office.
Lead student trips abroad
- Faculty can propose and lead short student trips abroad, such as one-week trips over spring break.
(Example: Maternal Health Research in London)
- Faculty can lead summer or quarter-long programs through the Office of Undergraduate Learning Abroad. (Examples: China: Political & Economic Development)
Northwestern developed a range of materials for faculty to engage their international peers, at home or abroad.
- View Northwestern's global brochure, which is available via Northwestern Box to anyone who has a Northwestern NetID.
- Faculty members visiting universities abroad or hosting visitors on campus, may view our catalog of gift items, which are available on request. If you're interested in requesting any of these items, contact Janka Pieper.
- The Office of Global Marketing and Communications has produced a series of presentation materials about Northwestern that faculty and staff can use in meetings, workshops or events. These are also accessible with a NetID via Northwestern Box.