Managing Temps

Managing Temporary Employees in myHR

Supervisors and/or department administrators with approved system access may use myHR to manage their temporary employee job records, including:

  • Work-Study Students
  • Temporary (non-work-study) Students
  • Temporary Non-Students

Once a temp is hired, the myHR Temp Panel may be used to:

  • Update your employee's salary, including quarterly work-study increases
  • Change your temp's Kronos timecard approver (and backup approvers)
  • Update a work-study student's Job Title
  • Change a work-study student to a non-work-study (or vice versa)
  • Temporarily or permanently update the chartstring charged for your temp's payroll
  • Terminate temp jobs when the employee is finished working for you

Learn More About the Temp Panel

All myHR Administration users must receive approval from their school/unit.  Check with your business office first, to determine if this type of access may be provided for you.

  1. Complete a myHR Security Form PDF, indicating "Temp Administration" access.
  2. Route the form to your unit's business or Dean's office for approval.
  3. Register for the HRS103 Temp Administration training class in myHR.

Already have access to the Temp Panel?  Review the Temp Administration Manual PDF for step-by-step instructions.

Questions?  Contact for more info.

Other Resources

myHR is used to manage your temporary employee and work-study job records once the employee has been hired.  For related information about temps, please refer to: