Employee of the Year Award
The Northwestern "Employee of the Year" award will recognize seven staff members across the University, including Qatar, as finalists who have consistently produced extraordinary outcomes and have provided strong customer service delivery. One of the seven finalists will be selected as the "Employee of the Year" winner at the annual Staff Service Recognition Luncheon held annually.
Past Employees of the Year
2018 winner and finalists
2018 winner: Chad Goeser, Northwestern University Atomic and Nanoscale Characterization Experimental Center (NUANCE).
- Carole Cahill, Kellogg School of Management-Community Building Operations
- Jill Rubin Decremer, Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences-Political Science
- Jean Deven, Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences-Asian Languages and Cultures
- Nicole Schneider, Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences-Mathematical Methods in the Social Sciences
- Tracy E. Tohtz, Weinberg College of Arts & Sciences-Anthropology
Trina Whittaker, Facilities Management
Nominations can be made for staff members who have been finalists from past years, been employed at least three years, are in good standing, and have not previously been named "Employee of the Year" within the past five years are eligible for nomination.
Coming February 2019: a workshop that is designed to assist you in writing a nomination for the staff employee you feel should be recognized.
Workshop: Writing Compelling Employee of the Year Nominations (HRD545)
Is there someone in your department who goes above and beyond his or her normal duties, is dedicated and effective, and deserves to be recognized? Has he or she worked full time at Northwestern for three or more continuous years? If you've answered yes to both those questions, then this class is for you. In one lunch-time session, you will learn how to write an Employee of the Year Nomination that is both specific and meaningful. By the end of the class, you will be able to:
- Make sure your candidate is qualified
- Identify what makes a successful submission
- Use concrete examples to make your case
- Write a clear, concise, and compelling submission
If you have any questions regarding Employee of the Year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.