Kronos Time Entry
Effective May 19, 2020, use of the Java version of Kronos has been discontinued. All users will be directed to the non-Java login. To submit historical edits, please see the link on the right side below.
Kronos is the University's official time entry system of record.
Kronos is used by biweekly-paid regular staff, temporary employees, and student employees to log hours each pay period. Monthly-paid staff, librarians, and postdocs use Kronos to record vacation, sick, and other leave time each month.
Kronos is accessible from any on-campus wired or wireless computer. To use Kronos from off-campus or University housing, you must connect to the NU VPN first.
Ensure you are logging in with your NetID in lowercase letters (e.g. krh739 not KRH742).
Note that deadlines may occur earlier around University holidays or when monthly deadlines fall on a weekend.
- Time entry deadline: 5:00pm, last Friday of the pay period
- Supervisor approval deadline: 1:00pm, the Monday after the end of the pay period
- Deadline to submit a Historical Time Edit request: 9:00am Friday, to pay on the following week's payroll.
- Time entry deadline: 6th day of the following month
- Supervisor approval deadline: 12th day of the following month